Today is one of those days you’ll remember.
It’s a major milestone, pivotal moment. Call it what you will.
MicroStrategy bought $250 million dollars of bitcoin! Not today, but last quarter.
Bitcoin is classified as a treasury reserve asset by MicroStrategy.
I only remember a few days like this…don’t ignore today.
Wikileaks accepting bitcoin when they were de-platformed from Visa/Mastercard
Ethereum project asking for bitcoin to fund an idea
A bunch of investors putting $150+ million into a smart contract
Mt. Gox hack
Marc Andreessen writing, “Why Bitcoin Matters” in the NYTimes.
A $35 million dollar Brave ICO getting funded in about 30 seconds
Bitcoin’s price reaching $10,000 and then $20,000
Ethereum reaching $10, $100, $250, $500, and $1,000
To repeat, MicroStrategy buys $250 million dollars of bitcoin as a treasury reserve asset!
9. You’ve heard of Libor. Have you heard of SOFR (Secured Overnight Financing Rate)? Well, SOFR will impact $200 trillion of securities!
SOFR is replacing Libor—at least that’s the plan.
SOFR is different from Libor in three key respects: It’s based on real transactions, not just bank quotes; it provides only an overnight rate, whereas Libor offers rates for seven maturities ranging from one day to one year; and it’s a secured rate, derived from repurchase agreement transactions that are collateralized by U.S. Treasuries.
6. That’s about $3.5 million in mining fees!
5. There’s always another ass—et.
4. Can’t wait to hear the backstory on this…
3. Lovin’ the show. These are the ones to follow.
2. As a reasonable hedge against inflation…
1. Office MicroStrategy press release from today and more background on why they bought bitcoin.
Crypto reference links:
· Download the CashApp to buy Bitcoin.
· Open a Coinbase Pro account to trade Bitcoin.
· With the Fold app, earn Bitcoin from your everyday purchases.
· Invest $100 into startup crowdfund campaigns: Republic.co